Often called the 'The Cathedral of the North' beautiful St. Ann's Jesuit Memorial Parish has a beautiful view of Georgian Bay in downtown Penetanguishene. St. Ann's Parish was built in the late 1800's. The first Mass on site was celebrated on Sunday September 5th, 1886 by Archbishop Lynch and the first cornerstone of the church was laid. After 16 years, the church building was finished by Fall of 1902. The official dedication and opening took place on December 11th, 1902. Fr. Laboureau headed the mission of the building of St. Ann's Parish from 1873 until his passing in 1908, our parish hall is now dedicated to Fr. Laboureau named the 'Fr. Laboureau Hall' after him. Over 100 years later, the beautiful St. Ann's still stands overlooking the bay in the heart of Penetanguishene.